Service Planning Tools That Fit Within Your Church’s Budget
The resources available today have dramatically advanced just about every aspect of worship service planning in recent years.
Service Planning NewsService Planning: Best Brains, Best Storms Service Planning: Connecting the Birth and Resurrection Service Planning: Jesus Was Born to Die! April Fool! Service Planning: Look to the Ancient Church for Inspiration, Direction
Team Management ResourceWorship Facilities Magazine, January-February 2018
The January-February 2018 issue of Worship Facilities Magazine offers articles about the many steps a church had to take in the aftermath of a fire, and another involving a church making the jump to 4K.
Advances in computer technology, in the form of software and web-based worship service planning resources, have dramatically advanced just about every aspect of worship service planning in recent years. Some bemoan that the technological advances suppress spontaneity of the worship experience, but it would appear most worship leaders have embraced the technology at their disposal, as they are used extensively in most churches today.
Those who have the responsibility of producing worship services must artfully combine all elements of worship that a congregation will experience, including music; chord charts, music streaming, and popular songs, Church Copyright Licensing International (CCLI), audio; loops and tracks, visual; lighting and screen presentation and logistics; and online planning tools. This task is easier today because of the myriad of tools that are available to assist them, to fit within just about every budget, from the small church to the megachurch.
Understand that the products mentioned here do not represent an endorsement of those products. At the same time, any other resources available on the market not mentioned, should not be construed as a vote of no confidence in those products, but time and space do not allow exploring each one of them.
Collectively, all links and resources listed are not intended to be exhaustive, but rather, selective.
The breakdown below also seeks to take into account which products would fit within small and large budgets, for a church of every size. Product costs have been chosen not to be listed here, even though that information can be easily found on each of the product’s respective websites.
• OpenSong: A free, open-source software application created to manage lyrics, chords, lead sheets, overheads, computer projection, and more.
• OpenLP: A feature rich open-source church presentation platform created for use in churches large and small.
• PowerPoint: View, edit, or create impactful presentations wherever you are, with an intuitive touch experience designed for phones and tablets.
• ShareFaith Presenter: A PowerPoint plugin that transforms PowerPoint into a full-fledged worship presentation software.
• EasyWorship: Create the service you want with stunning backgrounds for worship and eye-catching sermon videos from our media store.
• ProPresenter: The definitive choice in worship and presentation software for churches, schools, businesses, presentations, and concerts.
• MediaShout: Give your church the best presentations with MediaShout6. Compare MediaShout6 to other church presentation software and see how easy it is to start presenting your sermons and worship services with the most robust church software on the planet.
Latest ResourceFor Lighting Design, What Software Is The Right Match For Your Needs? (Part 3)
Dig into this final part of a three-part series that looks into choices for lighting design software, including Vectorworks and LightConverse, and how each can best serve the needs of your church.